How can we approach making eye masks to reduce crow’s feet wrinkles at home? What type of ingredients works better for tender skin under our eyes? When do we need to start taking care of our skin to prevent premature aging? These are important questions for all women, young and older alike. Let me share some of the facts that can help answer those questions and pick the best eye mask for you.
Before we can answer the question how to get rid of crow’s feet, we need to understand how and why they form. Then we can apply an appropriate regimen. There are two main reasons for premature crow’s feet or wrinkles under your eyes:
- Constant active muscles around eyes – we wink, frown, squint
- Structure of our skin – it is very thin and sensitive around your eyes
Eye Wrinkles and Our Age
If our skin is dry, we can experience first wrinkles. They are thin and hard to notice. They become more prominent with winter cold and dry air. That is why to prevent wrinkles after age 25-30, eye masks should include moisturizing ingredients like avocado, aloe, or olive oil. Our mimic defines our emotional life. So with age mimic wrinkles appear due to weakening of the muscles supporting epidermis. That is why when you turn 30-40, eye masks to prevent crow’s feet should target elasticity of our skin. We cannot completely remove mimic wrinkles but we can aid our skin with ingredients like oatmeal, natural oils, honey, and ginseng.
The main reason for crow’s feet in women is weakening of skin layers. With age – epidermis changes. It loses elasticity, cells stop producing collagen, and blood circulation slows down. But even then we should not despair. Crow’s feet reduction masks after 50 should include natural ingredients as well as vitamins A, E, C.
How to apply eye masks around the eyes
First rule is to regularly take care of your skin. When you are young, it is sufficient to apply masks once every 1-2 weeks. However, if you have dry skin and early wrinkles, you can apply masks 2-3 times a week. You also should moisturize your skin every day. Masks do not substitute but add to your daily regimen. Second rule is to try not to put much on your eye-lids and of course be careful not to get eye mask into your eyes. Do not leave the mask for longer than necessary – usually 5-20 minutes. These are not sleep masks, they may hurt if left on overnight. Try not to apply masks before going to bed. When you remove your mask, try not to stretch your skin. And of course never use an eye mask before trying it first in case you are allergic to any of the ingredients (simply apply anywhere on the body to see if allergy comes up).
10 Home Made Eye Masks to get rid of crow’s feet (and 1 bonus mask!)
- Avocado is number one beloved ingredient to fight wrinkles. This unique fruit contains tons of useful elements that positively effect our bodies and skin. Simply make a paste from half of the fruit and leave it around your eyes for 20 minutes. You will have even better result if avocado is mixed with aloe juice. (1 tbsp of juice for 2 tbsp of avocado mash). Keep this mixture under your eyes for 10 minutes and then carefully wash it off with warm water.
- Honey eye mask helps against mimic wrinkles if you have dry or sensitive skin. Simply mix one egg yolk and honey (1 tsp). You can also add milk (1/2 tsp). Put the mixture under your eyes for 15 minutes.
- To fight wrinkles on aging skin we can use oils: olive, almond, grape seed, and more. Any of those oils will provide moisture and necessary elements for your skin. I would recommend to slightly massage the oil with the tips of your fingers. This way you will not stretch your skin and stimulate the capillary functions. After 15-20 minutes remove excess oil but do not wash it off completely. Oil will work as night cream. One variation is to add 4-5 drops of vitamin E to your favorite oil. You can put this mixture under your eyes for 5-10 minutes.
- Mask with banana and butter hydrates skin under your eyes and helps with small wrinkles. All you need is 1 tbsp of mashed banana and the same amount of butter. Slightly warm the butter before mixing. Apply under eyes for 15 minutes and wash off with room temperature water.
- Cucumber can be your first aid for dry skin. Simply put a couple of cucumber circles on your eyes for 10-15 minutes.
- Another wonder vegetable to fight crow’s feet is potato. You can make eye masks from raw, boiled potatoes or even a mix. I recommend adding 1 tbsp of olive oil or sour cream to grated or mashed potatoes. Apply under your eyes and keep for 15-20 minutes.
- Oatmeal mask can produce almost instant improvement on aging skin. You can apply it before important events or celebrations. Simply take oatmeal flour or grind oatmeal in your coffee maker. Add warm milk till it turns sticky. Let it soak for a bit and then apply under your eyes. Wash off with cool water after 20 minutes.
- Fresh tomato juice is perfect to hydrate the skin under your eyes. Mix 1 tbsp fresh tomato juice, 1 egg yolk, and 2 tbsp dry baby formula. You need to first add a bit of warm water to baby formula and then add the remaining ingredients to the mixture. Apply under your eyes for 15 minutes.
- Watermelon is another ingredient you can use for hydration and rejuvenation. Mix 1 tbsp of watermelon with 1 tbsp sour cream. To thicken you can add some wheat or oat flour. Keep this mixture under your eyes for 20 minutes.
- Rowanberry is perfect to provide skin nutrients. It’s a tree from the rose family. You can blend the berries, add 1 tbsp sour cream, 1 raw egg, 1 tsp honey. Apply this mixture under your eyes for 30 minutes.
- BONUS MASK! 😉 This one is for green lovers, as natural as it gets. Dill and cilantro eye mask is perfect for young skin. Grind the greens and add half a glass of hot water. Let it stand for 20 minutes. Wet two cotton circles and place on closed eyes. Leave for 10 minutes. Repeat twice before washing off with warm water. This mask has maybe the longest application.
Home made anti-wrinkle eye cream
To hydrate and nurture your skin, make a home made do it yourself (DIY) anti-wrinkle cream. All you will need is cocoa butter, sea buck-thorn oil, and liquid oil with vitamin E. Use one teaspoon of each ingredient and mash/mix together till they form a creamy mass. You can use this cream under your eyes, especially to fight crow’s feet. Results will be visible if used regularly 2-3 times per week.
You can make all these masks and the cream at home. Do not delay taking care of your delicate skin. The sooner you start, the better and younger you will look moving forward.
I love nature and animals. And I adore everything naturally beautiful. No matter if it is a purple flower in my park or some smart finance idea – all things are wondrous in their own way. I see life as constant adventure and opportunity to learn new things. I enjoy being positive and sharing my smile and knowledge to help you on your way to a more beautiful life.