Having Russian heritage, I love using natural remedies for everything. One of the summer treasures that I love is raspberry. This berry has been my savior in many cases. But today I wanted to talk about Raspberry face masks (facials). However before I go further, I want to make sure to tell my readers to be careful. No matter how great nature is we are all different. Always make sure that you are not allergic to raspberries or any other ingredients. Always test remedies on a small piece of skin first, away from visible areas, if possible.
Raspberry Face Mask Science & Benefits
Raspberry consists of multiple little round sections. Each little bead is like little super concentrated capsule that contains vitamins, minerals and other healthy elements. Raspberries contain many things that are good for your health. Let me share some interesting ones:
- Essential oils
- Micro-elements like zinc, iron, copper
- Vitamins E, A, B, C
- Sterols that lower cholesterol
- Catechins that help with body renewal
What does this mean for our skin? Raspberry face mask is very beneficial for our health & for our skin health. Raspberry facials have long time served needs of beauty queens and simple girls alike.
Raspberry Face Mask Recipes & Application Techniques
Different skin types yield slightly different applications and techniques. Below there are some Raspberry Face Mask recipes I’ve used myself over the years. For different skin types, one has to prepare various recipes. Same is for desired results. I have perfected ingredient combinations to promote skin moisture & exfoliation, enlarge skin pores and generally cleanse the skin with the Raspberry Face Mask.
Dry to Normal Skin Face Mask Recipes & Applications:
- Moisture: 5-6 crushed raspberries, warm milk (1 tablespoon), olive oil (1 teaspoon), and one egg yolk. Mix well and if too liquid add flour. Keep on face for 15 min.
- Moisture: Raspberry juice (1 tea spoon), 1 whipped egg yolk. First use your face cream to reduce acidity, then mask. Keep for 30 min. Wash off and use face cream again.
- Moisture, after sun: Raspberry juice and warm milk (1 to 1), wet the face cloth with the mix and put on face for 10 minutes.
- Exfoliating: mix rye bread crumbs with crushed raspberries, let stand for 5 minutes. Put on face with care and wash off after 15 minutes.
- Enlarged pores: Crushed raspberries (1 tablespoon), whipped egg white, lemon juice (one teaspoon), wheat flour (add till mixture becomes sour cream like). Keep on your face for 15 minutes.
- Cleanse: fresh raspberries (1 tablespoon), vodka (300 ml) close container and put in dark cool spot for 10 days. Strain to remove berries and keep lotion in the refrigerator. To use add water (1 part lotion: 2 parts water).
Sensitive skin Raspberry Facial:
- Raspberry juice (2 teaspoons), cottage cheese (1 teaspoon), honey (1 teaspoon). Keep on your face for 15 minutes.
Aging skin Face Mask Recipe:
- Raspberries (1 tablespoon), high fat content cottage cheese (1 tablespoon), honey (1 teaspoon). Mix well and keep on your face for 15 minutes.
For oily aging skin do not add cottage cheese.
Bonus: Raspberry Hair Cream recipe
Finally I would like to mention Raspberry hair cream recipe:
- Salt – 0.5 teaspoon
- Raspberry juice – 2 tablespoons
- Sour cream – 1 tablespoon
- Egg yolk
- Olive oil – 1 teaspoon
- Honey – 1 teaspoon
- Warm grits (cooked in water) to thicken the cream as needed
Mix all ingredients in ceramic bowl and keep on scalp for 40 minutes. It looks tasty, but best not to eat it! 🙂
Fresh raspberriesLet me know what you think. Generally i recommend using fresh organic raspberries for all the recipes. And here is where I get my frozen raspberries when they are not in season. You can safely replace fresh raspberries with freshly frozen (and defrosted) ones in all recipes above, as long as you trust your frozen raspberries supplier.