Galápagos Islands dream
I loved Charles Darwin books growing up. They were full of stories about interesting places, strange creatures, and beautiful landscapes. One of those places was Galápagos Islands. And it was my dream for a long time to see this wonder for myself. One of my co-workers took a trip there. And how I waited. I asked all about it but he was not impressed. He told me it was all rock and nothing else. Furthermore he assured me there is nothing to see there. Galápagos Islands were boring. So I really got discouraged. However, my wiser friend told me that I should judge for myself. Where one person sees nothing, other may discover a treasure. Finally I put all doubts aside and went on the unforgettable trip to the magic paradise. And I am grateful to my wise friend as I discovered a treasure of nature and animal life beyond my wildest dreams. Yes, it is very different but vibrant and interesting nonetheless.
There are multiple islands and routes that you can take travelling to Galápagos Islands. And I do not want to concentrate on specifics, even though I will share the map of my travel with you. What I want to talk about is top 10 things I fell in love with and discovered for myself in this remote universe.
Ten things I discovered on my journey
- I love iguanas. They have creepy beauty and ooze horrible grace that is so hard to ignore.
- I love local people. They are fun, friendly and kind.
- There are plenty of beautiful nature you can discover among the rocks if you just look.
- Crabs are posers. They love being treated as celebrities.
- Birds are not scared of you at all. You can take a lot of pictures!
- Charles Darwin left his mark on this wonderful place!
- Giant tortoises and see turtles live here. Need I say more to make you excited.
- Did you know about cute Galápagos penguins? And you can snorkel with them!!!
- Seafood markets can be a lot of fun even if you are not into seafood.
- Sea lions are so adorable. I can’t figure out why they are not on every 10th hallmark card!
I know that everyone has their own interests, but give places you never heard about a chance. Never let someone else dictate your travel choice! And discover wonderful and naturally beautiful places that are all around us.