I purchased Bottega Organica Illuminate Eye Cream based on majority of positive reviews. I was happy to try this expensive but natural product that internet bloggers were raving about. Did I mention that this cream costs anywhere from $140 to $160, depending on how persistent you are hunting for deals? You also have to use up this cream within 4 months of opening. Well, I did use up almost all my eye cream. Like a trooper I used it every day to see promised results. My verdict – I would not recommend this cream to anyone.
Product comes in the tiny 0.5 fl oz/15 ml black tin. I recommend going to the store and checking out similar size tins so you can judge for yourself how small it is. Container is gorgeous and of high quality.
Bottega Organica Illuminate Eye Cream Ingredients
All ingredients are (allegedly) natural and pure. Here is the list that comes with the product:
Rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary *) flower/leaf/stem water, aqua (water), olea europaea (olive) fruit oil bo, cera alba (beeswax *), glycerin *, echinacea purpurea (coneflower *) extract, arnica montana (arnica *) flower extract, salvia haenkei (prawn sage) extract bo, daucus carota sativa (carrot) flower/seed extract bo, aesculus hippocastanum (horse chestnut *) extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber *) fruit extract, pelargoniun graveolens (geranium) oil *, boswellia carteri (frankincense) oil *, cananga odorata (ylang ylang) flower oil *, citronellol eo, citral eo, geraniol eo, limonene eo, linalool eo
* certified organic herbs flowers and fruits
(bo) harvested by Bottega Organica
eo natural component of essential oil
Bottega Organica Illuminate Eye Cream Issues
- My first issue with this eye cream is its price. There are plenty of DIY creams and recipes that I will be sharing on this blog that can be home made for far less. It is hard for an average person to simply part with $150 for a micro bottle of eye cream no matter how wondrous it is.
- My second issue is strong smell. I was not a fan. Even though it does smell of fresh herbs, one of the components is very minty. My eyes kept watering and my nose twitched every night for several month. Notice that I did not say “every day” and this leads me to the third issue.
- This cream is greasy. So, yes, it does Illuminate your skin indeed. No matter what natural blogs and websites might tell you I would like you to judge for yourself. Below are two pictures. One is an ad that I found. Another is this cream on my friend’s hand. Trust me, it looks exactly the same on my eyes (It’s hard to make a proper-focused photo of the under-eyes area, so the hand was used).. And when sunlight hits you, you shine like a diamond. I was only able to use the cream at night where I would not have to be in public.
Above we have a screenshot of some online store where this eye cream is still sold at the moment. It was, for some reason, pulled from the original maker’s website. Maybe it was a small batch, maybe they saw results weren’t as good as advertised.. In any case, below is the image of a hand with Bottega eye cream applied. See for yourself if I am not correct.. It is as greasy as they come…
The Verdict on this pricey eye cream
- My final observation is that this cream does not help with crow’s feet, wrinkles, or dark circles. From the picture above you can tell that I used almost all the container, and kept using it, since the first argument I always hear is consistency. To see if the eye cream works you need to apply it consistently for several weeks. I applied it for several months with no results. If I needed simple moisturizer, I could use a far cheaper natural version. If you do want to eliminate crow’s feet or wrinkles I suggest easy home made eye creams in combination with eye masks.
Based on my personal experience with Bottega Organica Eye Illuminate cream, I will not be purchasing Bottega Organica brand products any time soon. If I am to give it another try, it would have to be a free sample.