Lemon essential oil is one of the top selling oils that offers huge variety of uses and benefits. Pure, fresh, citrusy aroma alone can purify your house. So it comes as no surprise that lemon is often used in cleaners, air fresheners, deodorants, and other house products. Lemon oil is also believed to help with digestion and healthy respiratory system.
Here are my favorite uses of lemon oil:
- Stop Grease – if you add several drops of lemon essential oil to your soap it will act as a wonderful de-greaser.
- Remove sticky goo – it is easy to get rid of goopy messes without hard scrubbing. How about price tags, stickers, tree sap, and gum? Just use some lemon oil in your cloth.
- Remove smudges from Stainless – lemon oil is great for cleaning stainless steel appliances. And it smells better than all those toxic chemicals.
- Laundry help – if you are like me – pulled 100 different ways every minute, you sometimes forget laundry in the washer for a while. Lemon oil will help with the smell that greats you when you find your several days old wet pile of clothes as you open the washer lid.
- Cleaner – lemon oil is perfect for cleaning furniture (lemon essential oil + olive oil for polish), lemon oil soaked cloth on leather. It is perfect for disinfecting countertops, range hood, and other surfaces. You can also clean granite or porous stone and remove cutting board bacteria!
- Polish Silver – just a bit of lemon oil on the cloth helps remove nasty tarnish on silver and other metals.
- Nail Fungus – if you like natural remedies, try lemon oil to fight nail fungus.
- Help with pungent smell – kids sneakers, open trash can, potty training. You can diffuse some lemon oil to neutralize odors. Have musty or mildew smell in your closet – chase it away with lemon oil
- Spotless dishes – add a few drops of lemon oil to the dishwasher soap for spotless dishes. Also you can add some water and a few drops to greasy pots, boil and eliminate all the scrubbing.
- Cooking – use lemon oil in various desserts, to liven your water, to zest your entrees and more.
- Respiratory help – you can use lemon essential oil in humidifier to fight wheezing, colds, cough, and other respiratory issues.
- Exfoliate your skin – when added to your skin care routine lemon oil can help refresh your complexion and add a healthy looking glow. Lemon oatmeal scrub can help exfoliate skin naturally.
- Fat loss – lemon oil in your water can help speed up your metabolism.
- Teeth whitener – you can add lemon oil to baking soda and coconut oil or any other natural recipe to whiten your teeth
- Improves mood – lemon oil diffused in my room helps lift my mood and fight depression.
There are plenty of other uses of lemon oil. Let me know which one is your favorite.
If you’d like to try my favorite essential oil you can purchase it here.